Remember when...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Craft... A Craft Space

I really enjoy craft projects, when time allows.  I enjoy it so much that I could use an entire room in my house for projects, which is usally what happens.  In the past when I wanted to sew I would set up in the dining room.  At times the baby books have been spread across out bedroom floor for days (okay, weeks!)  And did I tell you that my parents gave me a Cricut (paper cutter/design machine) for my birthday this year?  I was so tired of messing up our home just so that I could have hobbies.  We just don't space for me to have my own craft room in our home.

Then I happened up an article in a magazine.  There was a picture of a teacher who turned an unused closet into her Craft Space.  Immediately, I thought, I can do that!!  So, this week I turned the storage closet into my Craft Space.  Behold the before picture...
 And after...
 When I am not using the light, it is unplugged and the cord stores behind the door.  The work surface is an unfinished door that I cut to size and painted.  It is supported with shelving units that store paper, tools, correspondance, sewing supplies, fabric, and wrapping ods and ins.
 My chair fits on either side of the sliding doors, though I one day I may switch the doors out for a pair that open from the middle to the outside.  I installed a shelving system and displayed a cork board to keep my ideas organized.
 I can easily slide my sewing machine out for a project, saving me tons of set-up and take-down time!
I have tons of little office supplies!
 My Cricut is ready to use at moment's notice!
The peg board to store ribbon rolls is my favorite addition!  I am so happy about how my craft, a Craft Space turned out!

2 comments:

Kim and Eric said...

Cute craft space!! What a great idea!

Sam, Jill and Aubrey said...

This is such a great idea! In my next life I hope I can be even an once of the creativeness you have!