Remember when...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

9 Month Relief

Charli Kate is finally on a regular sleep schedule. FINALLY!! Since she was such a great sleeper for the first three months of her life, the past six months have been such a disappointment, as far as parental quality of life goes ;). So, walking into Charlotte's 9 mo. wellness exam wearing rumpled clothing, my hair in a messy-knot (Girls, you know this hair trick from the 90's), my plea to her pediatrician went something like this, "Please help me. I am so tired that I feel like I am dying." His response was, "There is no physical reason that she should not be sleeping through the night." Awesome. He then proceeded to go though our routine. From there we were able to find a few bad habits that I had created by, yes, babying my baby. He also suggested that I try to push more table food and less baby food. Two nights later, she is sleeping through the night. I am only embarrassed that it took our pediatrician giving me a serious talking to and a few tips to get the job done. She is so much happier!

Charli Kate is such a big girl, now! Standing and trying to climb the stairs are our favorite physical activities. She loves to read and turn the pages in her books. She gets very frustrated if you turn the page for her or turn it before she is ready. Ryan call's her his Little Diva. She is such a smart person. She knows exactly what she wants, so confident. We love that about her. She is such a beauty, inside and out!

1 comment:

The Parks said...

I'm glad that she is sleeping better now! Yay for a good night's sleep for you!