Remember when...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Loving Family

Ryan and I were fortunate to have a lot of help over the past 10 days. It took all of 90 seconds after Mimi and Granddaddy (Caden has called him Daddy-daddy during this visit!) left early Sunday morning for me to burst into tears. As I changed Charlotte's diaper with tears streaming down my face, I felt the anxiety wash over my body. This time is much different from when they left three weeks after Caden's birth. Then, we felt nervous and unsure about raising our first baby. Now, we will miss the much appreciated support that they have lovingly and generously given to us over the past many days. It has been a dream-come-true to have them take care of our family while I have recovered from surgery. They did such a wonderful job of managing our household... cooking for my husband and son, taking care of our puppies, laundry, grocery shopping, entertaining and caring for Caden while we bonded with Charlotte in the hospital, the list goes on and on... Many thanks to G'ma and Frank who brought us food while we were in the hospital and cared for Cade! Thank you to Auntie Jen, whom helped also cared for Caden! Thank you to Aunt Sandra, whom was able to practice her nursing skills while caring for my incision and helping me shower ;), upon returning home from the hospital. Thank you to Papa and Pam for the love and support from accross the miles!

Thank you cannot be said enough. We love you and are looking forward to the next time that we see you all :)

1 comment:

The Nugen's said...

I am wondering what my emotions will be like after I have this baby. With Patrick, after I got home from the hospital, I cried nonstop for a good 7 days! So it will be interesting to see if I have the same postpardum hormones going or if I will handle this one better!

Hope you are adjusting ok to being just your family now. Don't feel bad about asking for help! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear how Cade is handling all of it. Maybe you will have some advice for me about how to handle Patrick!

PS. I know you have a newborn and all, but I don't know if you have heard of NaBloPoMo (National blog posting month). You are supposed to blog everyday for the month of November...so if you find the time, I am challenging you to participate. It can just be a photo or a sentence, but I would love for you to join me in the journey!